The Blessed Comforter
Read John 14:15-27
Ice Breaker Question:
When do you experience Hygge? What makes you calm and feel comfort? [Hygge (pronounced hue-guh not hoo-gah) is a Danish word used when acknowledging a feeling or moment, whether alone or with friends, at home or out, ordinary or extraordinary as cosy, charming or special.]
How have you personally experienced the comfort of the Holy Spirit?
Spirit of Truth- John 14:15-17
- Why does Jesus call the Holy Spirit the Spirit of Truth?What does that mean?
- Why don’t people that don’t believe, see what believers see?
- Why is it important to rely on the Holy Spirit to inform our reality and truth?
Spirit of Adoption- John 14:18-21
- Why does Jesus reassure his followers that he isn’t leaving them as ‘orphans’?
- Why is it important that the Spirit brings to remembrance of our adoption? How does this help us pray?
Spirit of Peace- John 14:22-27
- What does Jesus mean that he will make his home with us?
- Why kind of peace that Jesus leave with his followers?
- What are the implications for you personally tonight?
- What are the implications for Golden City Church?
- What are the implications for those we want to reach? (or When might you -talk about this section with an unbeliever?)